Existing members, to open a new account or convert your existing account, please contact the Member Service Center at 800.273.6700 or stop in at one of our convenient branches.
Online Banking upgrade coming in July!
Important things you should know:
Online Banking Availability: On Monday, July 24 at 6:00 PM, Maine Savings® will be upgrading our Online banking site. Online banking will be unavailable during the upgrade. It will be available again on Tuesday, July 25 at 8:00 AM.
Mobile Banking Availability: Mobile banking will be available for most of the upgrade. However, mobile banking will be unavailable Tuesday, July 25 at 7:45 AM for a brief period.
To access Mobile banking, members will be required to first log into online banking after 8:00 AM.
What you need to do: On Tuesday, July 25 after 8:00 AM, log into our new online banking site! Your current username and password will work. However, you will be prompted to change your password if your password does not meet our stronger password requirements. After logging into online banking, you’ll be able to access mobile banking again – just remember that if you’ve updated your password in online banking, you’ll need to use your new password for mobile banking as well.
New Features, benefits and functionality
• Enhanced security using passwords and PINs
• Strengthened password creation requirements that expire every 180 days
• No more challenge questions or phrases to remember
• Receive your PIN via email, text or phone call, you choose
• Use a PIN if you forgot your credentials or are accessing from a new device
• View e-statements without having to download them
• Drop down hover menus
• One location for transfers (no longer separate menus for loans)
• All accounts transfer from and to on one screen
• Cross account transfers (no more logging out and into another account to transfer money – if you’re on an account you’ll be able to transfer from within the account you are logged into to a different linked account)
• Message notification – email to member’s account if there is an online banking note
• Email notification when physical and/or mailing addresses are changed, email addresses are changed or phone numbers change; this ensures that you or Maine Savings, at your request, updated your contact information.
What else you need to know:
• Each time you log in from a new device or computer, you will be required to authenticate your identity with a passcode – the passcode can be delivered to your email address, your cell phone or your home phone. Please make sure Maine Savings has your latest contact information on file!
• Scheduled transfers will be retained and occur based on the current schedule.
• Alerts will not go out during our upgrade process. However, the alerts will queue and will be sent when online banking is back up and running.
• Personal finance management tools and websites will not work following the upgrade (e.g. Intuit and mint.com)
• Transaction history will continue to be available.
• Members new to online banking will need to register. Enter your member account number, the last four digits of your Social Security number and your date of birth. You will be prompted to set up a user name and password and a security phrase and photo. A current email addresses will need to be on file with the credit union in order to complete registration.