Existing members, to open a new account or convert your existing account, please contact the Member Service Center at 800.273.6700 or stop in at one of our convenient branches.
Suspicious Activity Notification Guide
Important: Only available for Debit Card Holders
A Suspicious Activity Case will be opened if activity on your Debit Card Account is in question.
NOTIFICATION PROCESS: Email, Text Message and Phone Calls
1) EMAIL: You will receive an immediate email. This email will notify you that a case has been opened due to suspicious activity on your debit card account. This email will be sent out 24/7.
2) TEXT: 1 minute after email is sent, a text is sent. You must opt-in to get this text. Text message communication will only be sent between the hours of 8a.m. - 9p.m. EST.
3) CALL: 15 minutes after text is sent, a phone call is made. Phone calls are also only made between the hours of 8a.m. - 9p.m. EST. Calls will continue until the member has been reached and confirmed the activity in question.
An email will be sent out as soon as suspicious activity occurs on your Debit Card Account. If you do not wish to receive this notification please contact our Member Service Center at 1.800.273.6700.
Take advantage of our newest security offering: fraud alert text messages! On March 14th you will receive an enrollment text message, if we have your cell number on file. Reply YES if you want to start receiving fraud text alerts when suspicious activity shows up on your Debit Card account. Quick action is key when suspicious activity has occurred and text messages are the fastest form of notification to you. See below how to take advantage of this new form of communication.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1) You will get a text saying:
“Maine Savings Card Fraud Alerts activation text. Reply YES to confirm your enrollment, HELP for help, STOP to cancel texting. Msg & Data Rates May Apply.”
2) When you reply YES you will be enrolled and start receiving text alerts when suspicious activity occurs on your Debit Card account. The text you will receive after you reply YES will say:
“Maine Savings Card Fraud Alerts. Thank you for enrolling. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel. Msg & Data Rates May Apply.”
3) When suspicious activity occurs you will receive this text:
“Maine Savings Card Fraud Alert: Did you attempt transaction on debit card ending 0000 at Merchant in ME for $25.62? Reply YES or NO.”
4) If you reply YES you will receive this text:
“Maine Savings: Thank you for your response. We’ll continue to monitor your card for unusual activity.”
5) If you reply No you will receive this text:
“Maine Savings: You’ve indicated an unauthorized charge on your card ending in 0000. A temporary hold may have been placed on your card. Pls call immediately 1-000-XXX-0000.”
6) If you reply to a text after 72 hours you will receive this text:
“Your fraud alert has expired from the automated system. Please call 1-000-XXX-000 for further assistance. Reply STOP to cancel texting. Msg & Data Rates May Apply.”
7) If you get this text:
” ½…Please put a keyword in your reply. For FRAUD ALERT reply FSV01CH NO to 20733. For FRAUD ENROLLMENT reply FSVENCH NO to 20733. To opt out of all programs…”
This happens when an enrollment message is still live (72 hours) and a fraud alert is sent. The system is trying to understand if the 'YES/NO' is responding to the enrollment message or the fraud alert. If the consumer enters 'FSVENCH NO' or 'FSVENCH YES' then the consumer is replying to the enrollment of fraud alerts. If the consumer enters 'FSV01CH NO' or 'FSV01CH YES' then it will be applied to the alert and they will get the appropriate text letting them know of the next steps if any.
We Respond Promptly
We will contact the member with a phone call within 15 minutes if you do not reply via text between the hours of 8am - 9pm EST. We will continue to try and reach the member until the suspicious activity case is closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) I replied to the text but I have a voicemail asking me to call to verify my Debit Card activity. Do I need to call?
No. Once you reply to the text the case is closed. The same rule applies if you verify over the phone, there is no need to reply via text.
2) The number to contact is not a Maine number, should I still call this number?
The number to respond to will not be a Maine number. If you have any doubts that the text came from Maine Savings please call our Member Service Center at 800.273.6700
Please call our Member Service center for support if you have any questions 800.273.6700