Existing members, to open an new account or convert your existing account, please contact the Member Service Center at 800.273.6700 or stop in at one of our convenient branches.
Free Checking with High Interest Rewards
- 2.00% APY* on balances up to $10,000; 0.25% APY* on amount of balance over $10,000; 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren’t met
- ATM fee refunds nationwide*
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- Free online banking with bill pay
- Free mobile banking and free app (iPhone and Android)
- Free eStatements
- Free Visa® debit card, including the option of the Black Bear Debit Card!
- Unlimited check writing
- Low $20 minimum deposit to open
- Overdraft protection line of credit available to qualified members
Easy, Penalty-Free Qualifications
You’ll need to qualify each month to get your rewards. But it’s so easy to qualify, you’re probably already doing it!
To earn your rewards, simply do the following activities and transactions in your RedWallet Checking account each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled and receive eStatement notice (and have valid email address)
- Be enrolled and login into online banking
If you don’t qualify in a given month, don’t worry! Your checking account is still completely free and you can qualify again the next month.
*The Fine Print (But We'll Keep It Big So You Can Read It)
APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 4/1/2014. Rates may change after account is opened. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) balances up to $10,000 receive APY of 2.00%; and (2) balances over $10,000 earn 0.25% interest rate on portion of balance over $10,000, resulting in 2.00%-0.41% APY depending on the balance (this range is based on a total balance of $10,000 or less up to $110,000). If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.05% APY.
If qualifications are met, domestic ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle. Qualifying transactions must post to and settle account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle an account. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card purchases. “Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. Minimum to open is $20.